The HCL MiLeap Y-Series Ultra-Portable Laptop is powered by 800 MHz Intel A110 ULV Processor with 512 MB L2 Cache, 400 MHz FSB featuring Intel 945GU ULV (ultra low voltage) Chipset Motherboard, 1-GB DDR2 SDRAM (maximum 2-GB), and 80-GB 5400 rpm Serial-ATA hard disk drive. There is no option for any optical drive in this untra-portable.
The HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop is equipped with 7-inch (17.78 cm) WXGA Widescreen View Perfect LCD TFT display powered by integrated Intel GMA 900 Graphics Chipset with shared video memor offering upto 1024 x 600 pixels screen resolution in 24-bit 16.7 million colors.
This Ultra Portable ‘MiLeap’ Y series Laptops is designed for consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The ultra-portable laptop is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The HCL MiLeap Y-Series ultraportable laptop allows input using a stylus and hand writing and HCL claims that this Ultra Portables is uniquely suitable for Women and School Children due to its sleek and ultra light design.
The HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop comes with integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 WiFi 802.11a/b/g wireless network connection, integrated 10/100/1000 Realtek RTL8100CL Ethernet LAN connection. There is no internal modem card. The ultra-portable laptop also features standard internal Bluetooth v2.0 wireless connection.
The HCL MiLeap Y Series laptop has a unique Navigational Pad on the side of the LCD display that offers multiple navigational features viz. such as touch screen, thumboard, digital stylus, touchpad mouse and One touch buttons. The Swivel 7-inch display cum note pad allows input using a stylus and hand writing just like a tablet PC do
Weighing 960 gms the HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop comes with integrated high quality Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers (1.5W each) offering Realtek ALC 660 24-bit AUDIO CONTOLLER with built-in AC 97 stero Sound with 3D Sound effect.
In addition, the HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop offers 2 USB v2.0 compliant 4-pin ports, ExpressCard 54mm, S-Video TV-out port, built-in microphone and IEEE 1394 (FireWire) integrated port.
The HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop also offers integrated 4-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting Multimedia Card (MMC), Memory stick (MS), Secure Digital Card, and MS-PRO media cards and integrated 1.3 Megapixel Webcam along with integrated microphone for easy video chat.
HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop comes with Linux preloaded (Windows Vista is also available at extra cost) and many essential software on a CDROM which includes: Microsoft Works 8.5, Leaptop Companion, Nero Burner V.6 for Windows XP / Nero Burner V.7 for Vista, Power Director, Media Show Player, and full set of updated device drivers.
The HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop also comes with Antivirus software with 12 Month validity and free update in addition to Kensington Lock, option for System or User level system access and option for disabling USB Port.
In addition, HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop is a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and is compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop is equipped with Li-Ion 6-cell 4400mAh 11.1V Standard Battery which can deliver upto 4 hrs backup. The Laptop also offers Full feature ACPI power management supporting Stand-by, Suspend to Disk, and Suspend to RAM options as power conserving measures.
- 2 x USB v2.0 compliant 4-pin connectors
- IEEE 1394 (FireWire) integrated port
- External display / video – VGA – 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
- S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) port
- RJ-11 – modem/fax/tel line
- RJ-45 – Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX
- 4-in-1 Memory Card Reader
HCL MiLeap Y-Series Ultra-Portable Laptop Specifications:
- Intel A110 Processor, 800 MHz
- 512 MB L2 cache, 400 MHz Font Side Bus (FSB)
- Intel 945GU ULV (ultra low voltage) Chipset Motherboard
- 1-GB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM, Upto 2-GB Maximum
- 80-GB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive
- No Optical Disk
Display & Graphic
- 7-inch (17.78 cm) WXGA Widescreen View Perfect TFT display, Swivel Touch Screen
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 900 Graphics Chipset with shared video memory
- 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
Network & Communication
- Intel Wireless/PRO 3945 WiFi 802.11a/b/g Wireless connection
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Realtel RTL8100CL Fast Ethernet LAN
- Bluetooth v2.0
- PCMCIA Card Slot
- IEEE 1394 (FireWire) integrated port
- Built-in Microphone
- Realtek ALC 660 24-bit Audio, Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers (1.5 Watts each), AC’97 Stereo Sound with 3D Sound effect
- Built-in 1.3 Megapixel webcam
- 4-in-1 Digital Media Reader supporting Secure Digital, Multi-media card, Memory stick, Memory stick pro and xD picture card
- EC2 Data Recovery
- Li-Ion 6-cell 4400 mAh 11.1 V Standard Battery, 4 hrs backup
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) – 360 mm x 263 mm x 34.9 mm
- Weight: 960 gms without power pack
Price and Availability
Intel A110 ULA Processor powered HCL MiLeap Y-Series Laptop with 7-inch WXGA widescreen display and 80-GB internal hard drive is available in India for Rs. 29,590/- with one year warranty. Visit www.hclnotebooks.com for more details on HCL Leaptop brand Laptop PCs.
HCL Mileap V-AXMV0201 Tablet PC HCL MiLeap MH04 Ultra-Portable NetBook Sony VAIO P Series Ultra-Portable Launched; Features 8-inch Display BenQ JoyBook Lite U101 Ultra-Portable ATOM Z520 Powered NetBook PC ASUS UX30 CULV Ultra-Portable Laptop Launched in India; Features Intel’s CULV Processor & Intel GMA HD Graphics BenQ Launches JoyBook Lite U103 Super-Slim Sub-inch NetBook With 8-Hours Battery Backup Ultra-Portable ATOM N270 Powered Lenovo IdeaPad S9 NetBook With 8.9-inch Display Lenovo Announces 10-inch Ideapad S10 NetBook Powered By ATOM N270 Processor MSI Launches MSI WIND U210 Ultra-Portable Laptop; Features 12.1-inch Display Powered by ATI Radeon Discrete Graphics HP Mini 210 Ultra-Portable Netbook with Dual Boot Option Launched in India